Friday, May 9, 2008

the hardest week of my life

This all started on April 19, my birthday weekend. Everything was going perfrect. My family and i celebrated my birthday at this great french restaurant and i hung out with my friends the next day. I got a ton of presents too.
April 21, my birthday. I went to school and it was so much fun. It was a great day until i came home. My brother Andrew had to go to the doctor and it turned out he had some kind of wound on his tailbone that was caused by too much hair. He has to go to ER to get it fixed and i spent my birthday night all alone at home.
April 22. Andrew couldn't go to school the next day so i was the only one who went. Then i found out later that day that my uncle had a stroke. My dad flew to Mexico...
But it was too late. He passed away April 23 while everyone was traveling to see him. it was so sad.
The next day we found out Andrew needed surgery on the wound. My dad was gone the whole next weekend and my mom was planning on going to her annual retreat but she couldnt and had to take care of Andrew. She was devistated.
So this whole week i had to step up to the plate and had to help with dinner, cleaning the house and not to mention doing homework and studying for tests as well, but thanks to all our prays and for God's grace, we managed to get thru the week and are still recovering ffom one of the hardest weeks' ever in my life.

2 comments:

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

Oh, Maggs...*hugs* I know how hard that was for you. I'm glad Andrew's OK now...he is, right? And I bet your uncle is in a better place now, and watching over you and your family. I'll pray for him. :)

TTYL!

PS: Did you call me earlier this evening while I was at dance?

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

Maggs, I tagged you at my blog at BB Times!